America’s Dairyland welcomes dairy producers, dairy cattle researchers, bovine veterinarians and dairy cattle product and service providers to the 2022 Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council (DCRC) Annual Meeting, Nov.15-17, at the Madison Marriott West, located in Middleton, Wis. A special highlight of this year’s event is a tour that features four award-winning dairy farms. The dairies include Schilling Farms, Fennimore; Kieler Farms Inc., Platteville; Darlington Ridge Farms, Darlington; and Wessel Farms LLC, Mineral Point.
To register for the meeting, go HERE. Register by Oct. 24 to take advantage of the lowest registration rate. Online registration ends Nov. 7. After that date, attendees must register on site.
“This year’s DCRC Annual Meeting features topics that will help the dairy industry explore cutting-edge technologies and build a sustainable future,” said Program Chair Pablo Pinedo, Colorado State University assistant professor. “Wisconsin provides us with great opportunities to see firsthand how dairy producers are optimizing their dairy reproductive programs.”
Presentation titles and presenters for this year’s DCRC Annual Meeting are:
- Good-bye lockups. Hello Milk! Don Niles, Pagel’s Family Businesses
- Updates on dry period, DCAD (dietary cation anion difference), and nutrition, Jose Santos, University of Florida
- Carcass quality side of the beef on dairy, Dale Woerner, Teas Tech University
- The impact of the voluntary waiting period, the dry period, and their interactions, Victor Cabrera, University of Wisconsin
- Optimizing use of sexed semen in dairy herds, Paul Fricke, University of Wisconsin
- Transition cow management: Solutions for dry matter intake to enhance health, cyclicity and reproduction, Gustavo Schuenemann, Ohio State University
- Artificial intelligence to optimize farm management decisions, Joao Dorea, University of Wisconsin
- Logistics and mating decisions for sustaining the optimal dairy cow replacement rate, Albert De Vries, University of Florida
- A look to transition beyond the fresh pen, Eduardo Ribeiro, University of Guelph
- Calf management and future performance, Jackie Boerman, Purdue University
- Connecting the management and consulting teams, Bruno do Amaral, Progressive Dairy Solutions
- Investigating the cost vs. value of additional selective replacement of dairy cattle during first lactation, Mike Overton, Zoetis
- Managing reproduction in voluntary milking systems, Nancy Charlton, DeLaval
Panel discussions include:
- DCRC Excellence in Dairy Reproduction Platinum Award winners
- Key points for your dairy’s repro success
- Strategic use of precision dairy technologies
DCRC is committed to boosting dairy producer and veterinarian (employed by a veterinary clinic) attendance at its annual meeting. To encourage attendance from these two groups, DCRC is offering ten $200 travel stipends. Stipends will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact JoDee Sattler ([email protected]) if interested in this discount. Payment will be made at the meeting upon proof of attendance.
To book a hotel room for the DCRC Annual Meeting, go HERE by Oct. 24, to get the group rate of $169 per night (plus taxes). The DCRC room block may fill before that date, so reserve your room soon.
The Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council is focused on bringing together all sectors of the dairy industry – producers, consultants, academia and allied industry professionals – for improved reproductive performance. DCRC provides an unprecedented opportunity for all groups to work together to take dairy cattle reproduction to the next level.