Holstein Canada’s Education Award gives $1000 to dairy-focused students across Canada. The deadline is December 20 at 4 p.m., so fill out an application today!
Since the 1950s, Holstein Canada has played a role in applauding young adults in their higher educational successes. Each fall, six $1000 Education Awards are offered by Holstein Canada to be awarded to 1 person in Western Canada; 2 in Ontario; 2 in Quebec; and 1 person in Atlantic Canada.
The applicants are judged on the criteria asked, make sure to list all your accomplishments and involvement as it may help the selection in the event of a close decision.
Other accomplishments may influence the selection committee in the event of a close decision. Once the Young Leader Advisory Committee has selected the successful candidates, winners will be notified immediately upon the Committee’s decision in December. A general announcement of the winners will be made through a media release and a feature of the winners in the March-April InfoHolstein publication.
Rules for the Education Awards:
- Must be a regular or junior member of Holstein Canada, or a son/daughter of a member; or a member-farm employee that is supported by their employer.
- Must have completed at least one year of university/college (or Cégep in Québec)
- Must submit an official, original transcript (faxed and photocopied submissions will not be accepted) and a copy of your resume, including reference list
- Must be returning to school within the calendar year
- Applications can be completed through the fillable PDF, which can be emailed with accompanying documents to [email protected], or your complete application package can be mailed to Christine Tolhurst, Programs Coordinator 20 Corporate Place Brantford, Ontario N3T 5R4
Visit the Holstein Canada website to apply!