Holstein Association USA’s 2023 delegate election process is currently underway. Each year, members have the opportunity to nominate members from their state to serve as voting delegates at the following year’s Holstein Association USA Annual Meeting, held in conjunction with the National Holstein Convention. The 2023 Annual Meeting will be held in Lexington, Kentucky June 26 – 27.
Here are the important deadlines to take into account:
- August 1 – Nominating petitions mailed to members
- September 30 – Nominating petitions must be received by Holstein Association USA
- October 14 – Deadline for nominees to withdraw names from the ballot
- October 31 – Ballots mailed to members
- December 30 – Ballots must be received by Holstein Association USA
- February 1, 2023 – 2023 delegate election finalized
Typically, members become ineligible to serve as a delegate after serving as a delegate at three consecutive Annual Meetings. With the cancellation of the 2020 Annual Meeting, the clock re-set and all members are eligible to be nominated as a delegate for 2023.
With questions about Holstein Association USA’s delegate process, contact Jodi Hoynoski at 800.952.5200, ext. 4261 or by email.
Holstein Association USA, Inc., provides programs, products and services to dairy producers to enhance genetics and improve profitability — including animal identification and ear tags, genomic testing, mating programs, dairy records processing, classification, communication, consulting services, and Holstein semen.
The Association, headquartered in Brattleboro, VT., represents approximately 25,000 members throughout the United States. To learn more about Registered Holsteins® and the other exciting programs offered by the Holstein Association, visit HolsteinUSA and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.