The Wisconsin Holstein Association (WHA) is seeking dairy professional to fill the role of Director of Marketing and Membership. This role will be responsible for maintaining the current membership database as well as leading the development of member recruitment and retention programs. Additional duties include developing and executing a social media plan to promote WHA and its members, and coordinating all fundraising and sponsorship programs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update membership database to ensure accurate information is entered in a timely matter and compile necessary membership reports as needed.
- Compile membership packets and work with the Executive Director to identify and develop membership recruitment and retention collateral materials (including membership directory).
- Develop and execute social media marketing plan with the goal of creating a stronger brand for the Wisconsin Holstein Association and its members.
- Coordinate annual sponsorship drive, including maintain current sponsor relationships and identify potential new sponsors.
- Assist in event planning of conventions, shows, meetings, all of which may involve travel and attendance at after-hours functions to assist the staff for set-up and tear down at events.
- Identify guest speakers, arrange for appearances, and assist with exhibits to build awareness and enhance the brand of Wisconsin Holsteins.
- Work with Executive Show Committee to coordinate sponsorship efforts to include maintaining current sponsor relationships and assist in recruiting new sponsors. Will also include coordinating all vendor and sponsor booth space on the Alliant Energy Center grounds.
- Lead the Wisconsin Holstein Royalty program and serve as a mentor for the youth involved.
- Travel and attendance at events, some after hours, will be required in order to promote the Association and build strong relationships with members and partners.
- Provide excellent customer service to members by answering questions, filling requests and mailing necessary materials in a timely manner.
- Establish strong working relationship with WHA committees to ensure the committee and board of directors’ directives are followed. Take notes at meetings and submit post-meeting minutes to committee members, board and archives.
The Director of Marketing and Membership should have a strong work ethic with a positive attitude and must have the ability to work with a diverse group of people while managing WHA membership and fundraising duties in addition to social media. The ideal candidate should also have three to five years of communications or customer service experience. Dairy industry experience is preferred.
A full job description can be found here.
Submit resume, cover letter and two letters of reference by September 1, 2022 to Laura Wackershauser, 902 8th Ave., Baraboo, WI 53913 or via email to [email protected]. Questions can also be directed to Laura, 800-223-4269 ext. 1.