The Wisconsin Holstein Association is continuing the search for candidates for two internships in 2019. Two opportunities are available for college-aged students looking to gain experience in event planning, communications and public relations.
Communications & Events Intern
This position is based out of our Baraboo office and runs from June to August 2019. Travel is up to 50 percent, so this role requires a personal vehicle. Mileage reimbursement is included. Candidates should be enrolled in a 2- or 4-year university and have a strong work ethic, background in Registered Holsteins or the dairy industry, and excellent communication skills. Projects and duties include:
- Attend WHA sponsored summer events and other county Holstein events. These include the Wisconsin Summer Championship Show, Junior State Fair Holstein Show, WHA Futurity, Open State Fair Holstein Show and District Shows.
- Work with WHA committees to plan events such as the 2019 WHA Futurity, District Shows, State Picnic and more. This may include inputting and finalizing show entries, organizing awards, volunteers and other details such as mailings and dignitary needs.
- Organize show booklets, meals, send correspondence before and after an event and archive final placing results.
Public Relations and Communication
- Write press releases announcing upcoming events and summarizing placings and/or winnings.
- Compile and publish updated marketing materials on www.wisholsteins.com such as press releases, entry forms, event details and imagery.
- Interview Wisconsin Holstein breeders and write profile articles as assigned by the office staff; this may require taking photos for the article.
- Coordinate newsletter content and distribution to membership
National Holstein Convention Intern
This role is based remotely with occasional time in the office with increased office time starting in May 2019. Candidates should be enrolled in a 2- or 4-year university and have a strong work ethic, background in Registered Holsteins or the dairy industry, excellent communication skills, and experience in web-based programs. Projects and tasks are as follows:
- Work with National Convention Promotions Committee to publicize National Convention to Holstein enthusiasts
- Work with sponsorship committee to organize fundraising commitments and create promotional collateral for sponsors
- Communicate with sponsors to gather ads, logos and other promotional pieces for sponsor recognition
- Assist with event registration, both electronic and paper
- Data entry
- Packet creation
- Printing of registration copies
- Complete additional WHA convention-related projects
More details on each role can be found here. Interested candidates should submit resume, grade transcript and two letters of reference by November 15, 2018 to Laura Wackershauser, 902 8th Ave., Baraboo, WI 53913 or via email to [email protected]
About the Organization
Wisconsin Holstein is a not-for-profit membership organization with the purpose of promoting the Wisconsin Registered Holstein Breed and its breeders and owners. For more information, visit the WHA website.