The World Forage Analysis Superbowl evaluated 343 entries and presented awards to top five finishers at the Brevant seeds Forage Superbowl Luncheon during World Dairy Expo. Herrington Farms Inc. of Troy, N.Y., was awarded as the Grand Champion Forage Producer with their BMR Corn Silage and was presented $2,500 from Kemin Animal Nutrition & Health for that honor. The Grand Champion First-Time Entrant cash award of $2,000, sponsored by New Holland, went to Marty Farms of Sterling, Ohio.
Additionally, two Quality Counts Awards were presented to competitors. In the area of Quality Counts Corn Silage, Kensinger Farms, Martinsburg, Pa.., took home top honors, sponsored by Silostop. The top award for the Quality Counts Hay/Haylage went to Legacy Farms, Shell Lake, Wis., and was sponsored by CROPLAN by WinField.
Sponsors of the 2021 World Forage Analysis Superbowl were led by Platinum Sponsor, Brevant seeds. Other supporters included division sponsors, Ag-Bag by RCI, Agri-King, Inc., Barenbrug USA, Lallemand Animal Nutrition, NEXGROW Alfalfa, Scherer Inc. and W-L Research. Additional funds were provided by Micro Technologies, Passion Ag, Inc. and Provimi.
The top five placings from each category are:
Grand Champion Baleage – Sponsored by Agri-King Inc.
- 1st Place – Jenks Jerseys, Marathon, Wis.
- 2nd Place – Denmar Acres, Greenleaf, Wis.
- 3rd Place – Eric Speltz, Altura, Minn.
- 4th Place – Coulee Crest LLC, Cashton, Wis.
- 5th Place – Freysbush Dairy LLC, Fort Plain, N.Y.
Grand Champion Commercial Hay – Sponsored by NEXGROW Alfalfa
- 1st Place – Hardrock Farms Inc., Wheatland, Wyo.
- 2nd Place – Carlson Brothers Farm, Jewell, Iowa.
- 3rd Place – Little Hay Company, Wilsonville, Neb.
- 4th Place – Calvin Carlson, Jewell, Iowa.
- 5th Place – Lazy 2K Livestock, Wheatland, Wyo.
Grand Champion Dairy Hay – Sponsored by W-L Research
- 1st Place – Olson Farms, Lena, Wis.
- 2nd Place – Donald and Nancy Hasselquist, Osceola, Wis.
- 3rd Place – Mark Rueth, Oxford, Wis.
- 4th Place – E & A Milkers, Sigourney, Iowa.
- 5th Place – Schroeder Farms, Odebolt, Iowa.
Grand Champion Grass Hay – Sponsored by Barenbrug USA
- 1st Place – Cozy Nook Farm, Waukesha, Wis.
- 2nd Place – Lazy 2K Livestock, Wheatland, Wyo.
- 3rd Place – Hardrock Farms Inc., Wheatland, Wyo.
- 4th Place – Donald and Nancy Hasselquist, Osceola, Wis
- 5th Place – Stefan Hay Company, North Collins, N.Y.
Grand Champion Alfalfa Haylage – Sponsored by Ag-Bag by RCI
- 1st Place – Todd Mark, Elmwood, Wis.
- 2nd Place – Opportunity Acres, Lena, Wis.
- 3rd Place – Ciolkosz Dairy, Thorp, Wis.
- 4th Place – Mike Redetzke, Colby, Wis.
- 5th Place – Sand Creek Dairy, Hastings, Mich.
Grand Champion Mixed/Grass Haylage – Sponsored by Lallemand Animal Nutrition
- 1st Place – Opportunity Acres, Lena, Wis.
- 2nd Place – Morning View Dairy LLC, Merrill, Wis.
- 3rd Place – Leuer Dairy, Oconto, Wis.
- 4th Place – Legacy Farms, Shell Lake, Wis.
- 5th Place – Four Cubs Farm, Grantsburg, Wis.
Grand Champion Standard Corn Silage – Sponsored by Scherer Inc.
- 1st Place – Egan Family Dairy, Omro, Wis.
- 2nd Place – Herrington Farms Inc., Troy, N.Y.
- 3rd Place – Jenson Family Farms, Elk Mound, Wis.
- 4th Place – Enos Lehman, Chambersburg, Pa.
- 5th Place – Olson Farms, Lena, Wis.
Grand Champion BMR Corn Silage – Sponsored by Brevant Seeds
- 1st Place – Rothlisberger Dairy, Upper Sandusky, Ohio
- 2nd Place – Larry Doody, Tully, N.Y.
- 3rd Place – Old Acres Farms, Perry, N.Y.
- 4th Place – Conrad Farms, Grafton, Ohio.
- 5th Place – Harold Zimmerman, Shiloh, Ohio.
The World Forage Analysis Superbowl is organized in partnership between Dairyland Laboratories Inc., Hay & Forage Grower, US Dairy Forage Research Center, University of Wisconsin and World Dairy Expo. To learn more, visit foragesuperbowl.org.
Serving as the meeting place of the global dairy industry, World Dairy Expo brings together the latest in dairy innovation and the best cattle in North America. The dairy industry will return to Madison, Wis. for the 54th event, September 28 – October 2, 2021, when the world’s largest dairy-focused trade show, dairy and forage seminars, a world-class dairy cattle show and more will be on display. Download the World Dairy Expo mobile event app, visit World Dairy Expo or follow WDE on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Spotify, Instagram or YouTube for more information.