Being an athlete requires hard work and dedication. After a work out with sweat and hard work, you need a strong recovery. Real low-fat chocolate milk has carbs and natural protein to help you repair, rebuild and refuel muscles. The Saline High School Girls Track and Field Team recently received a generous grant for chocolate milk from the United Dairy Industry of Michigan . It is known as the Chocolate Milk: Nature’s Sports Drink Grant.
Your high school athletes could be the next chocolate milk mustache celebrities! To learn more visit HERE.
Low-fat Chocolate Milk is Nature’s Sports Drink
Nutrient-rich chocolate milk can help you refuel and rehydrate within the critical 30 minute recovery window after exercise. It contains a combination of carbohydrates and protein to refuel and repair muscles, fluids to rehydrate, and electrolytes to replenish what is lost in sweat. It has the added bonus of bone-building nutrients, like calcium, to help maintain strong bones and prevent stress fractures.
Why REFUEL with Chocolate Milk?
Recent studies have shown the nine essential nutrient in low-fat chocolate milk make it an ideal drink after intense exercise, including marathon and triathlon training and competition.
Recent studies have shown that the nine essential nutrients in low-fat chocolate milk make it an ideal drink after intense exercise, including marathon and triathlon training and competition.
The essential nutrients in chocolate milk:
- Build and maintain strong bones and teeth (calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus)
- Promote normal blood pressure (calcium and potassium)
- Help convert food into energy (riboflavin and niacin)
- Play a role in the development and maintenance of the central nervous system (riboflavin and vitamin B12)
- Help build and maintain lean muscle (protein)
- Help build red blood cells (vitamin B12)
- Help regulate the balance of fluids in the body (potassium)
- Promote good vision (vitamin A)
- Promote healthy skin (vitamin A)
- Promote a healthy immune system (vitamin A)
Source: Milk Means More