Rural Bank is offering nine scholarships in 2017 for first-time undergraduate university or college students enrolled in studies that will enable the student to contribute to the Australian agricultural industry.
The Rural Bank Scholarship will provide each successful student applicant with funding up to the value of $5,000 to assist with his or her tertiary studies.
The scholarship funding aims to support study-related expenses covering such things as accommodation costs, course costs, study-related materials and equipment, textbooks or tutoring.
The scholarship criteria stipulate that the applicant:
- Is an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- First year undergraduate in 2017 (first attendance at an Australian university);
- Studying full-time in 2017 (in an approved Australian course);
- Graduated from secondary school in either 2016 or in 2015 (took a gap year);
- Outstanding academic achievement and community involvement;
- Undertaking an agribusiness related bachelor degree or a bachelor degree that will enable the student to contribute to the Australian agribusiness sector.
Applications are now open and close on Friday 27 January 2017.