For many years, Prim’Holstein France has fostered the emergence of a number of well-trained, respected and competent judges. Exhibition organizers must be able to count on a proposal of reliable French judges, with all the skills necessary for the success of their event.
The skills required to be a certified judge are:
- Knowing how to evaluate and respect the objectives sought in the breed.
- Being able to identify the qualities and morphological defects of Prim’Holstein cows.
- Being able to prioritize a group of animals.
- Master the techniques of judgment.
- Have a good attitude in and out of the ring.
- Ability to impose judgment through good communication.
- The judge must be able to lead a demonstration by justifying his choices in front of a large audience.
- To become a certified judge, the candidate must pass the certification tests, which is valid for 4 years.
In parallel, PHF organizes an annual meeting of the group of approved judges. This program is important, it allows conversation on relevant topics related to the breed and the judging. Judging sessions are also organized in order to discuss concrete examples. This workshop makes it possible to guarantee a homogeneity of judgment.
PHF thus offers organizers of French and foreign events a quality address book to officiate at competitions. We invite you to discover the list of accredited judges in France on our website.
Accreditation Results 2021
At the end of 2021, the judge accreditation was organized at the Gaec Bords de Moine (49).
The breeding is known to have a herd of high quality both in production and morphology. The cow Emeline (Minister MX Kite), classified EX95 with more than 126,000 kg of milk to her credit, regularly highlights the breeding at competitions. Her track record is impressive, as she has won many championships, prizes for best udder and best milkmaid.
Recently, at the last Pays-de-la-Loire regional event , Emeline once again distinguished herself by winning the longevity challenge. His stable mate, Pinkie (Apple Cris x Integral) also shone by winning the reserve champion hopeful prize.
To be approved as a judge by Prim’Holstein France, the 13 candidates underwent several tests.
- Evaluation of 4 primiparous on the positions of description and morphological appreciation.
- Classification of 2 sections in competition condition. A section of 8 young cows and 1 section of 8 adult animals. Candidates must approach the reference ranking produced by Bruno Béchet (President of PHF), Thomas Allard (PHF administrator) and Sylvain DURAND (head of the competition division at PHF and approved judge).
- Commentary of the 2 sections in competition condition.
We congratulate the 8 judges newly accredited or re-accredited during this edition:
- Caroline MARSAUD (29)
- Céline LE RU – LE LAURENT (22)
- Guillaume BARBÉ (35)
- Jérémy LE GRYUER (44)
- Luc SASSEL (61)
- Patrice LAMY (35)
- Thomas SAUNIER (54)
- Yoann HENRION (88)
PHF and all the candidates for certification would like to warmly thank the members of the Gaec du Bords de Moine and the wonderful team who helped organize the day.
Provided by Prim’Holstein France