The ideal candidate:
YOU make managing multiple events and projects look easy. You are passionate about the dairy industry.
You lead by example, rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. You enjoy the details while keeping your eye on the big picture. You are a calm and confident decision maker, especially under pressure. You are a natural communicator and team player, and you stay connected from wherever you are. You are approachable, creative and action-oriented.
- Plan, organize, and staff a series of successful youth events and shows each year.
- Create and maintain successful programs targeted toward all members, to support and assist County Holstein Clubs.
- Manage the Branch finances and budget of approximately $450K.
- Direct a dynamic team of up to 3 permanent employees, plus students and contract workers.
- Manage Holstein Ontario Branch operations including numerous events, social media, The Link magazine, and Holstein club support.
- Report directly to the Board of Directors, offering options and support. Implement Board decisions.
- Maintain open communication and solid work relationships with industry partners/sponsors.
- A passion for the dairy industry/agriculture.
- Post-secondary education in Agriculture or a related field, or relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in coordinating events, finances and people.
- Comfort with MS Office/O365, social media, online meetings.
- Exceptional planning, time management, priority management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in English and French is an asset.
Other notes about this role:
- This is a work from home position, with some travel throughout Ontario.
- The role requires some lifting, standing/walking, and long days while at events.
- There is evening and weekend work for events, but you can manage your weekly schedule.
Deadline to apply: December 8, 2021
Targeted start date: Mid-February, 2022
Apply to: [email protected]
Who we are:
ONTARIO HOLSTEINS supports a membership across Ontario that is passionate about the Holstein breed. Our mission is to assist and grow the membership of the Holstein Ontario Branch through youth activities, education, and breed promotion, and to act as an advocate for the dairy industry. We do this through the support of a well-qualified team, ongoing member development, and marketing and promotional activities. We offer a team-oriented workplace, positive Board and industry relationships, and the chance for you to play a key role in the future of our industry.