Nebraska Dairy Ambassadors, promoting dairy and dairy producers throughout the year, include both Senior and Junior Ambassadors this year.
The Midwest Dairy Ambassador Program is invested in creating dairy advocates and developing the next generation of leaders. This year’s program selected six college students and two high school students.
New this year is the Junior Dairy Ambassador Program designed for high school junior and senior students, where the original program (Senior) is designed for postsecondary students.
The 2022 Senior Dairy Ambassadors are:
- Jenna Albers was raised on a small farm near Randolph, Neb. She attends the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where she is a freshman. Her major is undeclared with a strong interest in animal science or ag education.
- Caitlyn Childres is a senior animal science major at UNL, originally from the Central Valley in California.
- Whitney Hochstein is a senior at Wayne State College majoring in graphic design marketing.
- Abigail Langdon is originally from Clarkson, Neb., and is a junior at UNL studying agricultural economics.
- Mikayla Martensen is a sophomore ag education major at UNL from Humphrey, Neb.
- Jaycie Meggison is a junior at UNL studying agribusiness with an emphasis in animal science.
The 2022 Junior Dairy Ambassadors are:
- Kaitlyn Hanson is a senior at Mead High School. After graduation, she plans to attend UNL and study animal science.
- Chancey Hoblyn-Bittner is a fifth-generation rancher from central Nebraska.
The Dairy Ambassador Program is an educational and leadership opportunity for college students and high school juniors and seniors passionate about dairy. Dairy Ambassadors will have the opportunity to connect with consumers and share dairy’s story while networking with their peers and industry professionals. They will spend a year representing dairy farmers in Nebraska. At the end of their year, Senior Ambassadors are eligible to apply for educational scholarships up to $1,000 and Junior Ambassadors up to $500.
These Dairy Ambassadors engage in communication with consumers at a variety of events. Some of the events they have an opportunity to participate in include Ag Literacy Festivals, Nebraska State Dairy Association Convention, Nebraska State Fair, agribusiness tours, and television and radio interviews.
To inquire about Nebraska Dairy Ambassador event support, please contact Dawn Eckel, Nebraska Dairy Ambassador coordinator, at [email protected]
For more information on the Nebraska Dairy Ambassador program, visit the Midwest Dairy website.
Source: Midwest Dairy