The first competitions are already underway at World Dairy Expo. Sunday, the Youth Fitting Contest was held in the Estrumate Sale Pavilion. This was the fifth year for this contest which drew 15 youth fitters from ages 16 to 21 years old and from across the U.S., Canada and Scotland.
Each contestant brought an unclipped animal and used their skills to properly fit their animal for show competition. The contestants had only one hour to complete the task and enhance each animal’s appearance. Dusty Schirm, Loudonville, Ohio, served as the official judge.
The placings for the Youth Fitting Contest are as follow:
- Steven Nelson, Grovespring, Mo.
- Lee Morey, Rochester, Alberta
- Jonathan Beiler, Fredricksburg, Pa.
- Levi Banowetz, Charlotte, Iowa
- Austin Nauman, Norwalk, Wis.
- Jade Jensen, New Richmond, Wis.
- Edward Sekerak, Columbus, Pa.
- Casey Morey, Rochester, Alberta
- Jack Cliffe, Dumfries, Scotland
- Trevor Tuman, Arlington, Minn.
The first place winner received a clippers, sponsored by Aesculap AG Germany. The Youth Fitting Contest was the first of many youth events this week at World Dairy Expo.
Press provided by World Dairy Expo