To celebrate this year’s centennial anniversary of 4-H in Canada, John Deere Canada is marking its longstanding support by sponsoring a scholarship program for the 2013-2014 school year. Students who qualify for the $2,000 John Deere 4-H Scholarship Program must be entering their first year of post-secondary education or be an undergrad student in September 2013 and must be a current 4-H member in good standing. Preference will be given to students majoring in agriculture, engineering, business or an agriculture technician program.
John Deere Canada dealers participating in the scholarship program include:
- Agro Equipment, Alberta (head office in Calgary)
- Deerland Equipment, Alberta (head office in Ft. Saskatchewan)
- Enns Brothers Ltd., Manitoba (head office in Winnipeg)
- Farm and Garden Centre, Saskatchewan (head office in Saskatoon)
- Green Diamond Equipment, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island (head office in Kentville, Nova Scotia)
- Greenland Equipment Ltd. Manitoba (head office in Carman)
- Greenvalley Equipment Inc., Manitoba (head office in Morden)
- Huron Tractor Ltd., Ontario (head office in Exeter)
- JayDee Ag Tech, Saskatchewan (head office in Swift Current)
- Martin Deerline, Alberta (head office in Edmonton)
- Premier Equipment Ltd. Ontario (head office in Elmira)
Application deadline is May 31, 2013.