Jersey Canada is hiring a new General Manager. Jersey Canada is an agricultural association for owners and breeders of Jersey cattle in Canada. Our mission is to maintain the integrity of the herd book and to grow the Jersey breed in Canada by providing tools to increase profitability. We do this through ongoing member development, positive member communications and events and advisory services. This role offers the support of a well-qualified team, positive Board relationships, a passionate membership and a changing and dynamic industry.
YOU are passionate about the dairy industry and inspired by the people who work in it. You build industry relationships and partnerships with ease. You combine strategic thinking and creativity with a solid tactical approach. You are a positive leader who rolls up their sleeves and leads by example. You can balance new visions, technology and social media with long-held traditions and solid business practices.
Main responsibilities in this role:
- Be responsible for the overall operational leadership of the Jersey Association of Canada
- Ensure compliance with all relevant guidelines and regulations, including Jersey Canada’s Constitution, by-laws and the Animal Pedigree Act
- Coach and develop the team to deliver effective results toward Jerseys Canada’s strategic plan
- Work with team members to ensure the establishment and maintenance of strong relationships with members, clients, and industry partners
- Work closely with Board of Directors: arrange meetings and agendas, attend meetings and events, and take minutes when required
- Lead the development and implementation of special projects, including research and analytics
- Travel to Jersey Canada business, including industry and Board meetings, domestic and occasional international events approval
- Oversee the annual budget, and monitor Jersey Canada financials and cash flows
Qualifications & requirements:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in management, planning, budgeting and people management
- Experience working with a board of directors and committees
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; EN/FR bilingual is an asset
- Effective relationship building and problem solving skills and open to change
- Ability to multitask effectively, balancing a day-to-day workload with strategic priorities
- Valid driver’s license and the availability to travel to industry events and/or farms across Canada, possibly on short notice, including evenings/weekends
This role may be performed in part from home, after building strong relationships with the Guelph team.
Apply to [email protected] by February 26, 2020!
Download the Jersey Canada PDF job description HERE