The expectations of today’s consumers are always evolving. They want to know more about where their food comes from, how it’s made and how it connects with their personal values. This July, the American Dairy Association of the Midwest and Midwest Dairy will bring together dairy farmers, industry experts and partners at the 2018 Dairy Experience Forum to explore why it’s more critical than ever to make a strong connection with consumers to keep the dairy industry moving forward.
The inaugural forum’s theme is The Critical Connection: Engaging with Today’s Consumer to Build Dairy Demand. At the event, participants will receive tools and training to meet consumers where they are, understand their point of view and apply that information to help raise the demand for dairy. Programming will include:
- A live focus group discussion with consumers about what they are looking for in dairy products and their decision-making processes.
- Food industry leaders sharing strategic insights about how product innovators are working to meet and anticipate the needs of today’s consumers. They will discuss food policy and how it can affect consumers’ dairy experience.
- Luncheon speaker and futurist Mike Lee highlighting how dramatically food production and shopping habits will change over the next 25 years and why it’s critical to be innovative in response to these changes.
- A Taste and Learn sampling event where participants can taste-test some of the newest dairy products on the market.
- Keynote speaker Josh Sundquist sharing his inspiring personal story to highlight how focusing on change and taking risks can lead to overall growth and success.
“The Dairy Experience Forum provides an opportunity to focus on the importance of listening to today’s consumers and connecting on shared values to drive demand for dairy and move the industry forward,” says Lucas Lentsch, CEO of Midwest Dairy. “It will be a unique experience for attendees to engage and listen, learning how to strengthen the critical connection between consumers and the dairy community.”
WHAT: 2018 Dairy Experience Forum: The Critical Connection: Engaging with Today’s Consumer to Build Dairy Demand
WHO:Dairy farmers, industry experts and partners
WHEN: July 25, 2018 – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
July 26, 2018 – 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHERE: Radisson Blu – Mall of America
2100 Killebrew Drive
Bloomington, MN 55425
COST: $199 – Full Attendance
$100 – Guest Attendance*
*Includes participation in Welcome Reception, boat cruise, Taste and Learn event, breakfasts and closing keynote.
DEADLINES: Hotel Reservation Deadline: June 25, 2018
Event Registration Deadline: July 16, 2018
For more detailed agenda information or to register, visit Dairy Experience Forum.
American Dairy Association (ADA) of the Midwest provides unique services and programs to fuel a vibrant dairy industry. This non-checkoff organization is funded by food vending operations at state fairs and other dairy-related ventures.
Midwest Dairy™ represents 7,000 dairy farm families and works on their behalf to build dairy demand by inspiring consumer confidence in our products and production practices. We are committed to Bringing Dairy to Life! by Giving Consumers an Excellent Dairy Experience and are funded from farmers from across a 10-state region, including Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. For more information, visit Midwest Dairy. Follow us on Twitter and find us on Facebook at Midwest Dairy.