Holstein Association USA is now accepting applications for the Distinguished Young Holstein Breeder Award. The purpose of this award is to recognize significant accomplishments of young Registered Holstein® breeders. Recognizing young Registered Holstein breeders for their commitment to preserving the dairy industry and for achieving excellence in their daily lives. Motivating other dairy producers to achieve similar goals by creating awareness of the successes young breeders have with Registered Holsteins.
- Applicant(s) can nominate themselves, or be nominated.
- The nominee(s) must be between the ages of 21 and 40 (as of January 1 of the award year) and must be a member of the Holstein Association USA, Inc. Applicants applying as a couple or as business partners must all meet the age requirements. Herd ownership and/or management responsibility are required, and the herd they manage must be on DHIA test.
- Two letters of recommendation must accompany application.
- Person(s) being nominated by someone other than themselves will be expected to complete the application and submit two letters of recommendation.
- Employees of Holstein Association USA, Inc. and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
The winning applicant will receive travel and lodging expenses (for up to two people) to the National Holstein Convention, complimentary tickets to the Convention banquet, a $2,000 cash award, and the Distinguished Young Holstein Breeder plaque. Their name will also be engraved on a permanent plaque that hangs in the Holstein Association USA headquarters in Brattleboro.
Applications are available for download online, or by calling the national office or your state association. Your submission must be postmarked no later than January 31, 2019 and sent to:
Holstein Association USA, Inc.
Attn: Distinguished Young Holstein Breeder Award Committee
1 Holstein Place
PO Box 808
Brattleboro, VT 05302-0808
For more information visit Holstein Association USA.