CDN is currently seeking an enthusiastic, professional team player in a full-time permanent position as Coordinator of Data Exchange and Information Services.
COORDINATOR, DATA EXCHANGE AND INFORMATION SERVICES
Canadian Dairy Network (CDN) is a not-for-profit service organization responsible for the calculation and publication of all dairy cattle genetic evaluations in Canada as well as the maintenance of a national database and data exchange system for the dairy cattle improvement industry.
CDN is currently seeking an enthusiastic, professional team player in a full-time permanent position as Coordinator of Data Exchange and Information Services. Reporting to the Information Services Manager, the successful applicant will be required to perform the following functions:
- Daily processing and inspection of incoming data from industry partners.
- Coordinate the distribution of data files to industry partners in a timely matter.
- Ensure integrity of data, verifying information regarding data quality and data
- Identifying and resolving any data issues resulting within the database.
- Assist in the establishment, coordination and maintenance of data integrity
procedures, processes and policies that efficiently enhance data integrity for the
- Facilitate updates for website content.
- Support external website users as needed, including but not limited to the
resetting of passwords, and provision of online and phone support in creating user profiles and/or troubleshooting access.
- Document processes and procedures, including identifying and implementing continuous improvement and automation opportunities.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Post secondary education.
- Knowledge or experience in the dairy industry.
- Knowledge of Oracle databases as well as query and programming tools.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional interpersonal
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with systems professionals, as
well as end users who are not systems experts.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritize work assignments
and meet deadlines.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and good judgment.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and resume no later than Tuesday, October 28, 2014. Resumes will be reviewed in confidence and candidates selected for interview will be contacted after the competition closing date.