Brantford, ON March 28, 2013 — With the 2013 National Holstein Convention fast approaching, Holstein Canada and the 2013 Convention Organizing Committee are excited to host members at ‘the falls’ as the National Holstein Convention takes place in Niagara Falls, ON from April 10, 2013 to April 13, 2013.
A new feature added to this year’s 2013 Annual General Meeting (AGM) is the addition of a live stream feed so Holstein Canada members from across Canada can tune in to watch the AGM live on Friday, April 12th, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. EST. This live broadcast, the first of its kind to be done by the Association in partnership with Farms.com, will allow for members to participate in the meeting from the comfort of their own home in both English and French languages. Holstein Canada values its members and wants to ensure equal opportunities for those members who are not able to be in attendance for the 130thAGM in Niagara Falls.
For any Holstein Canada members interested in viewing the live stream of the AGM, visit Holstein Canada’s website on Friday, April 12th, 2013 where a direct link to the live stream will be available. No registration is required and there is no fee to participate. For an official agenda for the upcoming AGM please see the following page. Highlights of the AGM include hearing from Holstein Canada CEO Ann Louise Carson, President Glen McNeil (ON) and Board Chairman Richard Bosma (BC); congratulating Patty Jones as the 20th recipient of Holstein Canada’s Certificate of Superior Accomplishment; recognizing the Holstein Journal’s 75th Anniversary; awarding five 100-year Holstein Canada members with Century of Holstein awards; and unveiling the winner of the prestigious Cow of the Year title! Those who tune in to the live feed will also have the opportunity to watch live Guest Speaker and Holstein Canada’s very-own Head Classifier Tom Byers as he presents on “Old Stories, New Beginnings” beginning at 12:30 p.m. after the AGM concludes.
In addition to the new live stream, other new features for the upcoming 130th AGM at the National Holstein Convention include:
A free breakfast at 8:15 a.m. the morning of the AGM for all attendees.
All Holstein Canada office staff will be in attendance for the AGM as part of their Staff Development Day (Please note: The office will be closed on Friday, April 12th, 2013).
Dairy Farmers of Canada Vice President David Wiens will address the AGM crowd.
A live Twitter feed will be used to promote the AGM using the hashtag #HCAGM13.
If you are interested in registering or attending any Convention events, please view the following detailed 2013 National Holstein Convention program for more information:
HOLSTEIN ASSOCIATION OF CANADA 130th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
Sheraton on the Falls Hotel, Niagara Falls, Ontario
Friday, April 12, 2013 at 9:00 a.m.
Breakfast will be served at 8:15 a.m. in Great Room ABC / Hotel 3rd floor
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Call to order
2. National Anthem
3. Moment of silence in memory of departed members of the Holstein Canada Family
4. Minutes of 2012 Annual General Meeting of Members (AGM)
5. Address of the President: Glen McNeil
6. Address of the Chairman of the Board: Richard Bosma
7. Chief Executive Officer Report: Ann Louise Carson
8. 2012 Financial Report: Mario Perreault
9. Presentation of the 2013 Budget: Mario Perreault
10. Appointment of Audit Firm
11. Proposals of Amendment to the By-laws
12. Introduction of Industry Partners
13. Remarks from International Guests & Dairy Farmers of Canada
14. Century of Holsteins Award Presentation
15. 2013 Member Resolutions
16. Recognition of
The Holstein Journal 75TH Anniversary
17. Presentation of Certificate of Superior Accomplishment
18. Members’ Input Session
19. Invitation to the 2014 National Convention and AGM in Sherbrooke, QC
20. Thank you to Glen and Vanda McNeil
21. 2012 Cow of the Year – Adjournment
GUEST SPEAKER: TOM BYERS