Dairy Farmers of Canada (DFC) is pleased to partner with Agropur and Tim Horton’s in spreading the Holiday spirit for the benefit of children’s foundations in five major Canadian cities. DFC will participate in parades organized in Halifax, Winnipeg, Moncton, Edmonton and Vancouver, and distribute Tim Horton’s cookies and milk provided by Agropur to families attending the events.
A DFC tent will be set up at the parades where information on Canadian dairy and its nutritious and quality products will be available. “Milk is part of the longstanding holiday tradition for Canadians, and we are happy to honour this tradition by supporting children’s foundations,” said Pierre Lampron, President of DFC. “Is there a better way to spread holiday joy than to put a smile on children’s faces and to help make a difference in their lives?” he asked.
DFC and Tim Horton’s struck a special collaboration initiative whereby the proceeds of DFC’s purchase of Tim Horton’s cookies will go to the foundations supported by the company. The total amount of DFC’s contributions to these foundations will be close to $15,000.
Details on the events:
- The Chronicle Herald Holiday Parade of Lights
- Saturday, November 17 – from 5 pm to 7 pm
- DFC will be set-up in the Eastlink Broadcast area
- Proceeds of the Tim Horton’s cookie purchase will go to IWK Health Centre Foundation and Feed NS.
- Manitoba Santa Claus Parade
- Saturday, November 17
- DFC will be present during the pre-parade block party from 4 pm to 5 pm
- DFC will be set-up on the corner of Portage Ave and Garry St.
- Proceeds of the Tim Horton’s cookie purchase will go to the Children’s Rehabilitation Foundation
- Greater Moncton Santa Claus Parade
- Saturday, November 24 – from 5 pm to 7 pm
- DFC will be set-up at CF Champlain mall main parking lot nearest to Wheeler Blvd and Champlain St.
- Proceeds of the Tim Horton’s cookie purchase will go to the Timbit Minor Sports Coaching Aids & Clinic
- Santa’s Parade of Lights
- Saturday, November 24 – from 12 pm to 1:30 pm
- DFC has sponsored a block of the parade and will be set-up at Jasper Avenue at 107 street, on the north side of Jasper Avenue
- Proceeds of the Tim Horton’s cookie purchase will go to the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Vancouver Santa Claus Parade
- Sunday, December 2 – from 12 pm to 1:30 pm
- DFC will be set-up in the Christmas market prior to the parade from 10am to 12pm
- Proceeds of the Tim Horton’s cookie purchase will go to the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
Dairy Farmers of Canada (DFC) is the national policy, lobbying and promotional organization representing Canada’s farmers. DFC strives to create stable conditions for the Canadian dairy sector, today and in the future. It works to maintain policies that foster the viability of Canadian dairy farming and promote dairy products and their health benefits.
Source: Dairy Farmers of Canada