The CDCB and AGIL team has posted the December 2020 Changes to Evaluation System as one handy reference.
Genomic evaluations on 6 conformation traits
Six type traits that previously had only traditional PTAs will receive a genomic PTA effective in December. The breed-trait combinations and reasons are:
- Rear Udder Width (RUW) – Now published for all breeds using data available since 1976.
- Body Depth (BDE) – Traditionally only reported in Holstein, now published on Ayrshire and Guernsey also using data available since 1985.
- Feet / Leg Score (FLS) – Traditionally only reported in Holstein. The Brown Swiss definition of this trait (Mobility) will be reported under this naming convention in the genomic files, using data available since 2012.
- Milking Speed (MSP) -New trait, reported only for Brown Swiss using data collected since 2006.
- Rear Teat Placement (RTP) – Traditionally only reported in Holstein. The Jersey definition (Rear Teat Placement Rear View) will be reported under this naming convention in the genomic files, using data collected since 2008.
- Rear Teat Placement Side View (RTS) – New trait, reported only for Jersey using data since 2008.
In conjunction to the new publication of these genomic traits, the genomic processing was reorganized to share a common list of 21 type traits for all breeds, which has simplified management of type evaluations.
Additional December modifications
- Other updates detailed in the link include:Reports posting on release day timing update
- Updates in the inbreeding calculation procedure
- Breed code update for EFI and heterosis purposes in monthly genomic runs
- Update to blend weights in multi-breed evaluations for animals with phenotypic information
- BBR stability update
- Updates in the genetic correlations used in evaluations