Alta Genetics Inc. is seeking career minded individuals for employment immediately as Herdsmen.
The successful candidates will be a key member of the semen collection team focused on maximizing semen quality and quantity. This candidate will also be responsible for feeding, bedding, general bull care, pen repair, operating tractors, trucks and skid steers.
Requirements for the position are as follows:
• Minimum of 1 year previous cattle husbandry experience including bovine nutrition
• Good physical condition, a strong work ethic and previous livestock handling experience is essential
• Experience working on a semen collection team, handling bulls and A.I. industry
• Experience detecting health and disease problems is also a valuable asset.
• Basic equipment and building maintenance or repair skills
• Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Able to work outside year round and perform physical tasks
• Demonstrated attention to safe working practices
Alta provides an excellent benefit package and the opportunity for career advancement.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume stating the position they are applying for by fax or e-mail, to:
Alta’s HR Department
Attention: Michelle Kimber
Fax number 403-226-4298
E-mail address: [email protected]